Travelling in times of Covid-19
Travelling in times of Covid-19 is a hot topic right now, and we know you have been longing for and missing those white beaches and blue seas. Whilst most of us around the globe are now back to business, and keeping the ball rolling post-lockdown, we cannot undermine the fact that Covid-19 virus is still present. At World Leisure Holidays, we value and cater for our Clients and we are here to make your vacations smooth and easy.
Travelling in times of Covid-19 should not be a hassle provided that everyone acts responsibly and abides to all the safety measures and precautions. After all, this is the bottom line in any scenario, and we believe that it is a good thing.
Travelling in times of Covid-19… Sea, Sun, & Safety in Mauritius
At present, there has been no new reported cases of Covid-19 in Mauritius. The island has been classified as a Covid-free destination by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). All the sanitary measures are still being practiced and the testing capacity has been increased while the medical scene is geared to handle the threat.
Since the end of the confinement, Mauritius has put in place an Operational Plan, endorsed by the World Health Organisation (WHO), prepared and shared among all stakeholders, including the media, the private sector, ministries, and departments. The Plan consists of policy response frameworks, coordination, monitoring, assessment, prevention, containment, health service response, and communications. The Operational Plan is a grouping of protocols addressed to all stakeholders involved in controlling Covid-19.
General Safety Measures applied in Mauritius
Just as you need to respect the necessary precautions in your home country, take into account the following measures being applied in Mauritius and the exclusive World Leisure Holidays hotels, namely: Long Beach, Sugar Beach, Ambre, and La Pirogue to make your journey to Mauritius pleasant and merry.
All of our World Leisure special island resorts from the Sun Resorts Group, namely: Ambre, Sugar Beach, Long Beach, and La Pirogue are recognised accomodations licensed by the Tourism Authority which ensures that the security measures put in place are as required (the document can be downloaded on the website of the Tourism Authority )
The following safety measures are currently enforced in Mauritius:
- The wearing of masks is compulsory in all public places.
- Social distancing should be maintained as far as possible.
- The regular use of hand sanitizers is recommended.
Sun Resorts Sanitary Protocol Journey
Our World Leisure Mauritian resorts under the hotel group Sun Resorts (Long Beach, Ambre, Sugar Beach, and La Pirogue) cater for each guest’s comfort, well-being, and safety.
At Sun Resorts, they have adapted their health and safety procedures to the requirements brought with COVID 19 and enhanced their disinfection protocol in all the public areas and rooms.
SunCare is a distinct sanitary label, owned and designed by Sun Resorts, and it is all about Guest Care. It entails three main axes, namely: safety, sanitization, and sustainability.
The general Sun Cares policies are as follows:
-SUN Greetings upon arrival.
-All restaurants, bars and public areas will comply with social distancing (1.5 meter).
-Complimentary Hand Sanitizer Dispensers easily accessible in all public areas.
- Floor marking or alternate visible distancing system (1.5 meters).
- Frequently touched points cleaned and disinfected after each use (Table/counter, pen, credit card machine, Ipad/tablet…).
Transfer between hotels or Ile aux Cerfs:
-Social distancing during boat transfers with hand sanitizer in each boat.
- Vehicle cleaned and disinfected by service provider after each trip with hand sanitizer in each vehicle.
- Guests are requested to ensure social distancing (1.5 meter) is maintained during trip.
Check In / Check-Out:
-Temperature Check of each Guest and record upon arrival.
- Check-in on Ipad/Tablet prefilled by the Front Office associate.
- Download SUNAPP on APP Store or PLAY Store to get all resort information.
- Guest bill sent via IP TV or SUNAPP or email 24-hour prior Guests’ check-out
- Drop-off box for keycard at check-out.
-Porters wear appropriate protective washable gloves when on duty.
- Luggage disinfected outside surfaces and handles upon arrival in a designated area.
- Contactless or touch and pay credit card machine cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Each room and air conditioning deep cleaned and disinfected prior to any arrival.
- Unoccupied room left between each occupied room.
- Guests have the option of no room cleaning during stay.
- If a Guest opts for cleaning of room during stay, Housekeeping conducts cleaning and disinfection of room and particular attention to high-touch items as per cleaning matrix
- Non-essential items including minibar removed and provided upon request.
- A single use sealant on each room door certifying that no one has entered the room since cleaning and disinfection was conducted.
Health & Safety Policy: Employees, guests, visitors, and the new Covid-19 procedures. This policy entails associate health, safety and knowledge with regards to hotel associates – and their own health, safety, and knowledge, which are fundamentals to a successful cleaning program:
Hand Hygiene: Proper and regular handwashing to help combat the spread of viruses.
Ongoing Training: In addition to the usual training on housekeeping and hygiene routine, hotels associates are also trained to Covid-19 awareness.
Real Time Information: Sun Resorts has a communication cell which keeps it up-to-date with the latest news and information in response to Covid-19. Moreover, Sun Resorts has fully dedicated corporate teams who are on standby 24/7 to support the resorts and synchronize with the local and regional authorities.
Sanitization Policy: All Sun Resorts hotels are ISO 22000 certified for the delivery of goods, the receiving of food and housekeeping procedures for each department process.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: The Sun Resorts personnel works with its partners and suppliers to ensure that its hotels can supply and use virus-killing products approved by the local agency. The hotels use cleaning products and protocols which fight viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests’ departures and before the arrival of the next guest with thorough attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: The frequency of cleaning and disinfection in hotels’ public spaces has increased, with focus put on the counter at the front desk, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Sustainability Policy and Report
- In house water bottling – Pure by Sun.
- Food waste management.
- Single Use plastic elimination program on-going.
- No straw policy.
-SEMSI (Stock Exchnage of Mauritius Sustainable Index)
SUNCARE Programme with the 4 big projects :
-Adopt an endemic tree.
- Sun is a founder member of UN Compact Global committee for Indian Ocean.
- SunCare registered as an NGO or its voluntary guest contribution (1 € per guest night program) to help the local communities while reducing carbon footprint.
Collaboration with SGS Disinfection Assessment Label for the Hotel Industry
All Sun resorts are located on wide and spacious properties and surrounded by lush tropical gardens and long beaches to assure our guests’ peace of mind.
Sun Resorts’ COVID Sanitary Guest Journey Protocol includes its new Clean Resort label and collaboration with SGS. To ensure strict standards of cleanliness and mitigate the impact of COVID 19 Pandemic, this new scheme will evaluate the efficacy of cleaning and disinfection procedures in each resort. The products, protocols and measures are therefore certified and audited by SGS.
This scheme consists of a sanitary and hygiene inspection coupled with onsite testing using the latest technology ATP (Adenosine – Triphosphate) or RT qPCR with results available within 3 hours after sample collection.
The SunCare label is Sun Resorts’ seal of approval, ensuring guests that protocols have been respected and will be visible on all touch points throughout their stay.